CPD Event title: ‘Post Natal Mental Health & Early Parenting Relationships’ ONLINE specialism course for therapists
Brief Description Of Event: This is a 14 hours ONLINE CPD course to empower and support parents and professionals working with parents to adjust to the ‘new normal’ & to promote parent and child positive mental health
This course is for psychotherapists, hypnotherapist, psychotherapeutic counsellors and other professionals currently working or wishing to work with parents in the post natal period and boost your practice by specialising in this area.
Now really is the time to stand out as the obvious expert in your field-not just for expectant and new parents but for mental health promotion in general. The current trend is that the demand for our services is increasing steadily.The journey to becoming a parent can often feel like an emotional roller coaster.
When we enter this phase in our lives the only thing that is absolutely certain is that having a baby changes everything, and life will never be the same again.
We talk about the birth of a mother and the birth of a father. Whilst being a parent is the real you, it is a part of you that never existed before. It is a new role requiring new skills and a completely new set of rules.
Learning Objectives: It is important that women and men have the right support available to enable a smooth transition to parenthood so that they can enjoy the experience with their partner, any older children and their new baby.
This course is designed to equip you as a hypnotherapist, hypno-psychotherapeutic counsellor or hypno-psychotherapist to assist your clients to:
* Adjust to their new lives as a mum and dad
* Empower them to recognise and overcome unhelpful thoughts
* Gain a sense of control in their lives
* Enable you to help them reassess their identity as an individual and as a couple, their life goals and what their priorities are
* Become ‘good enough’ parents, rather than striving for perfection
* Relax into their new role as a parent whilst also juggling balls of their individual needs, their needs as a couple as well as the needs of their new baby
Becoming a parent can be fulfilling and enjoyable however for some women and men it can a daunting and overwhelming experience. The elements of this course is designed to empower parents and parents-to-be to adjust to the ‘new normal’ and to promote parent and child positive mental health.
The reality is that, throughout the world, postpartum depression (PPD) and anxiety (PPA) disorders affect 15-20% of new mothers; and 25% of fathers can also show symptoms.
These issues have until recently received little attention from the medical profession and limited accurate media exposure and social awareness. PPD and PPA can impact on people at one of the most pivotal times of life, it is vital that we as therapists empower our clients to recognise and overcome them with appropriate support
This course will cover:
* Postpartum depression/postpartum anxiety
* Postpartum obsessive compulsive disorder
* Postpartum post-traumatic stress disorder
* Postpartum psychosis
* Pregnancy and antenatal mental health
Course Structure: This online course is structured in:
* Video introduction and closing words from Sharon Mustard, easibirthing and parenting training founder
* Audio visual lectures narrated by Sharon Mustard, your course tutor
* Animated video to enhance your learning
* Hypnosis audio tracks
* Downloadable clients tools, manual, hypnosis scripts
The curriculum includes:
* The Myths surrounding Post Natal Mental Health
* The period of adjustment: Challenges and Risks when having a baby
* The ghosts of the past emerging in the dynamics in the present
* Mother-baby relationship: Bonding & Attachment Security
* Bonding and our relationship with ourselves
* How to be a ‘good enough’ parent
* Postpartum anxiety disorders, Birth Trauma & PTSD
* Our new roles within our relationship as a couple
* Moving forward: the ‘new normal’
Name of trainer: Sharon Mustard, founder of easibirthing and parenting training
Tel bookings: 07754 303987
Email bookings: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost of Course: £310 (currently there is a Post Covid-19 Business Recovery package of a HALF PRICE OFFER)
Cost for NCH members: £155 Half price offer for NCH members
How to claim discount: Members, please login to read more...
Additional information/requirements: We recognise that many of our therapy colleagues across the globe are struggling with the effects of the current pandemic; and the many restrictions as to how they see clients. The challenge of re-starting businesses or bringing them back up to full capacity is at a time when our support as professionals in the world of mental and emotional health is needed more than ever.
You can trial our FREE taster course ‘How to be a good enough parent’ on the ONLINE school (1 hour CPD) at https://school.easibirthing.com/p/how-to-be-a-good-enough-parent-free-online-course