CPD Event title: Working with Children and Adolescents – One Day Workshop
Brief Description Of Event: Children and adolescents are increasingly suffering from mental health issues. This subject is frequently discussed on Radio, TV and in newspapers and we are seeing an increasing number of children within our own practice.
Working with children and adolescents requires great care and patience and is very different from treating adults. Over the last 11 years The Clem Turner Hypnotherapy Practice has developed a protocol called Natural Solutions Therapy (NTS) specifically for working with children and adolescents.
This one-day Workshop offers a step by step guide to the NTS programme covering a variety of different issues including behavioural problems, habits, lack of confidence, self-esteem, bed wetting, hair pulling, eating issues, exam nerves, bullying, anger and many more.
Learning Objectives: On the Workshop you will learn:
• What has changed in society to cause increasing problems for children and adolescents?
• What is NST and how does it help?
• Stages of children’s development
• What other help is available for children
• Legal and ethical requirements for working with children
• Working with parent/parents or guardian
• Using NST with children and adolescents including how to build rapport
• A variety of common children’s issues and how best to deal with them
• A variety of inductions suitable for different stages of development
• A variety of deepeners suitable for different stages of development
• A variety of post hypnotic suggestions suitable for different stages of development
• A variety of scripts suitable for different stages of development
• How to create your own scripts which are suitable for children
• Dealing with children who have learning difficulties eg. ADHA, Asperger’s, Dyslexia etc.
Course Structure: Tutor: Clem Turner
Clem has been successfully working with children and adolescents with their many different issues for the past 11 years. He has developed Natural Solutions Therapy which is based not only on Hypnotherapy but also includes other treatments which children respond well to. He is a provider for the Listening Programme and the Learning Breakthrough which are both for children with learning difficulties.
The Workshop will commence at 10am and will complete around 4.30pm. There will be one hour for lunch and we provide delegates with a delicious buffet lunch. Please provide us with any special dietary requirements or food intolerances on booking.
Date of event: 3rd March 2018
Venue for event: Sutton in Ashfield, Nottinghamshire
Name of trainer: Clem Turner
Tel bookings: 01623 556234
Email bookings: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost of Course: £170
Cost for NCH members: £150
How to claim discount: Members should quote their NCH Membership number when booking
Additional information/requirements: The cost of the workshop includes handouts, suggested scripts and forms, power point presentation, safe car parking, delicious buffet lunch and refreshments throughout the day, certificate of attendance plus ongoing support by phone or e-mail. Places are strictly limited so phone now to reserve your place 01623 556234.