CPD Event title: Safeguarding Children for Hypnotherapists: Basic Awareness, Roles and Responsibilities
Brief Description Of Event: Anyone who works with children is expected to have received some form of Safeguarding Children training and to have regular refresher training. This webinar is aimed at qualified hypnotherapists who currently work with children or who are planning to do so in the future. It Is crucial that hypnotherapists understand their role and statutory responsibilities in relation to the Safeguarding of Children.
Learning Objectives: By the end of the training webinar participants will have:
– A better understanding of what constitutes child abuse, neglect and the statutory 4 categories of abuse.
– Learnt about the signs and symptoms of child abuse and the long-term effects of abuse.
– Considered specific aspects of child abuse: child sexual exploitation; domestic abuse; female genital mutilation; modern
slavery; forced marriage and honour-based violence.
– A clear understanding about their roles and responsibilities and duty to report.
– Learnt about the relevant legislation, statutory guidance, policies and procedures.
– Considered issues surrounding confidentiality and sharing of information.
– Had the opportunity to ask questions, discuss any concerns or dilemmas about their own practice or issues for
Course Structure: The webinar will cover the following subject areas:
– The historical context of working with child abuse
– What constitutes child abuse
– Key definitions and the 4 categories of abuse
– A child in need; a looked after child; young carers
– Who abuses children
– Prevalence and incidence of child abuse
– Recognising child abuse
– Specific topics/aspects of child abuse
– Legislation: key statutes, relevant orders and guidance
– Situations and dilemmas which may arise for hypnotherapists
– Duty to report: when and how
– Confidentiality and sharing of information
– Assessment and investigation: the processes
– Involvement in planning how to safeguard children.
Date of event: 3rd March 2018
Duration of Event: 1 days
Name of trainer: Jacki Pritchard
Tel bookings: 07850 045929
Email bookings: email@example.com
Cost of Course: £36 (inclusive of VAT @ 20%)
Cost for NCH members: £30 (inclusive of VAT @ 20%)
How to claim discount: Members, please login to read more...
Additional information/requirements: 1) The webinar will run for 1.5 hours on the morning of Saturday 3rd March 2018 – 10.30 to 12.00
2) Jacki Pritchard works as an independent social worker, clinical hypnotherapist and trainer. She has been a social worker
for 37 years and has always specialised in abuse issues. She has written widely on the subject of abuse and has been the
Good Practice Series Editor with Jessica Kingsley Publishers (London and Philadelphia) since 1993.
3) All webinar participants will received a certificate of attendance for CPD purposes.