CPD Event title: Meditation Class Teacher Certification
Brief Description Of Event: This course is suitable for those already familiar with meditation and/or similar techniques who would like to run meditation classes. It concentrates on the practicalities and logistics of running meditation classes; presentation skills, dealing with challenging class members, suitable class themes, planning classes and courses, advertising and so on. This means it is useful to you whether your approach to mediation is secular or spiritual. It also means you have skills which can be generalised to running other types of group. Accreditation: ACCPH validated, CMA registered.
Learning Objectives: It enables you to
– be aware of the history and traditions of meditation
– have an understanding of how meditation can be used for stress reduction, relaxation and personal development
– be able to plan, organise and market meditation classes
– be aware of wider considerations such as insurance, ethics, health and safety
– be aware of a variety of secular or non-denominational meditative techniques
– know a variety of subjects which can be used for focused meditation classes
– be able to handle class dynamics and motivate students
Course Structure: – Pre-course reading and preparation (so you get additional CPD hours without having to pay for the tutorial time)
– A one-day seminar/workshop for which proof of attendance is issued to support your CPD records
– Submission of a case study (based on running a meditation class of at least one hour with at least four people) within 12 months, after which the qualification is issued.
Date of event: 28th September 2019
Duration of Event: 1 days
Venue for event: York
Name of trainer: Debbie Waller
Tel bookings: 01977 678593
Maximum number of participants: 6
Cost of Course: £125 early bird, full price is £160
Cost for NCH members: 10% off
How to claim discount: Members, please login to read more...