CPD Event title: Assessment and Conceptualisation in CBT
Brief Description Of Event: Effective assessment and case formulation is not only the starting point but the heart of the treatment plan in cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy (CBH). This will explore and uncover fundamental skills in the CBT/CBH approach with the aim of teaching participants the skills of assessing clients and producing CBT formulations of their problems. This one-day workshop is held by the UK College of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy, and will be run by Daniel Mirea – a senior psychotherapist and accredited practitioner with both BABCP and UKCP, a fellow alumnus of King’s College and a senior associate at The Royal Medical Society.
Learning Objectives: – Trainees will receive an in-depth introduction in CBT assessments and case formulations (or case conceptualisations) as well as treatment planning using the most reliable bio-psycho-social models (working models or vicious cycles) for clients suffering from a range of common mental health problems (such as depression and/or specific anxiety disorders).
– You will be able to understand the assessment and the main working models (or vicious cycles) of the most common mental health disorders, likely to present in your therapy room.
– By the end of the course you will be able to conduct a risk and protective factors assessment.
– You will understand the difference between ‘case-formulation approaches’ and ‘disorder-focused approaches’, based on evidence-based protocols.
– You will gain experience in engaging the client in this process, assessing their coping strategies and helping them to articulate what they would like to gain from an intervention.
– You will learn how to engage the client in the case formulation so that it becomes a “collaborative conceptualisation”
– You will also gain experience in formulating and agreeing on a psychological treatment plan with the client – and how to conduct this so as to optimise participation and adherence.
– You will also gain experience in writing a comprehensive CBT assessment report.
Course Structure: One-day workshop.
Date of event: 29th February 2020
Duration of Event: 1 days
Venue for event: The Clayton Crown Hotel, Cricklewood, London, NW2 3ED
Name of trainer: Daniel Mirea
Tel bookings: 0207 112 9040
Email bookings: email@example.com
Cost of Course: £145
Cost for NCH members: £130
How to claim discount: Members, please login to read more...