Full membership £70 per year
With Hypnotherapy in Practice Diploma HPD (NCH)
Full membership £120 per year
Without Hypnotherapy in Practice Diploma HPD (NCH)
Interested in how to get a discounted rate?
To introduce you to the NCH if you haven’t been a member before and to assist students of Hypnotherapy setting up in practice we are offering Full Membership at the discounted rate of 50% for your first year!
Apply for Full Membership now with or without the HPD and we will send you your discount code once your application has been verified.
Our externally accredited Hypnotherapy in Practice Diploma HPD (NCH) qualification helps you to stand out in the marketplace, and we encourage all members to complete the award. Full membership costs £120 per year, and can be paid by annual or monthly direct debit. Members with the HPD (NCH) can save £50 on their annual membership fees paying only £70 per year!
- Adding your practice listing(s) to our online Therapist Register
- Receive the Hypnotherapy Journal, published in hard copy three times a year
- Preferential insurance rates if practising in the UK
- Use of our name, logo and the letters of your assigned membership grade
- Member rates for continuing professional development (CPD), and the NCH Annual Conference
- Network support for you in your practice
- Voting rights within the NCH
When you apply to become a Full Member of the NCH, we ask you to show us that you have the knowledge, skills and understanding to be a competent, ethical and caring professional hypnotherapist. All applicants for Full Membership are therefore required to provide evidence of their qualifications and skills to a level equivalent to the National Occupational Standards for Hypnotherapy, and preferably to hold or undertake to complete the externally verified Hypnotherapy in Practice Diploma HPD (NCH).
Your options to demonstrate this evidence are:
- To submit a written portfolio using an NCH assessor, which on completion merits the award of an HPD
- To undertake a professional discussion or viva with an NCH assessor, which on successful completion merits the award of an HPD
- To demonstrate current registration with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Membership of one of the hypnotherapy professional associations recognised by the CNHC
- To meet CNHC requirements and provide details of your hypnotherapy training and any additional information as requested
Full Member applicants must also agree to:
- Provide copies of relevant professional qualifications
- Provide details of two appropriate referees
- Show a commitment to ongoing professional development (CPD)
- Provide details of an established (or intended, if newly qualified) supervision arrangement. Supervision by an NCH approved supervisor is a requirement for a minimum of three years after qualification and until 300 client hours have been completed. Suitable peer support/supervision is also acceptable after this point.
- Undertake to adhere to the NCH Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Undertake to remain fully and appropriately insured for the duration of NCH membership
- Undertake to discuss their application with a member of the NCH Executive if requested
- Give details of any criminal record or disciplinary action that has been taken against them
- Accept that the Board’s decision is final
To apply for Full Membership, please register online here.
If you are a student member wishing to upgrade, please see these instructions.
Unsure which route is right for you?
Contact the Training and Accreditation Officer for further information, or apply now for free and we’ll discuss the most appropriate route for you to take.
Being a not-for-profit organisation, every penny of members’ subscriptions is used for the benefit of all. There are no stakeholders with superior voting rights nor shareholders to pay. The NCH has an elected Board of volunteers that contribute to the smooth running of the organisation. The NCH actively participates in the voluntary self-regulation process mandated by Government, so members have a voice and say in the future of our profession.